What makes CWS special?
- Supporting the most disadvantaged - we adapt to meet their needs, regardless of how difficult their circumstances, and often support children and young people who cannot be helped by other organisations.
- Presence in Nepal - having the majority of our staff working from our Nepal office is cost efficient, and means we understand the needs of those we support. It ensures that every penny is well spent, and we can provide partners with advice and support close at hand.
- Commitment to Nepal - CWS continued to work in Nepal when many other organisations withdrew during the civil unrest, and are now one of a small number of international organisations there. We work in partnership with Nepalese Non-Governmental Organisations, and have an agreement with the Nepalese Government who regularly evaluate our work.
- Innovation - we use new ideas, to improve our services and make them accessible and enjoyable to use.
- Our founder - an inspiration to us all, he lives and works in Nepal, and has a hands-on role as our Operations Director, ensuring projects are transparent, accountable, and of high quality.
See our CWS film and our annual review for more information about how we work and what makes us special.