Aon Annapurnathon Fundraising Challenge
A committed group of individuals from The Asian Insurance Industry are dedicating 4 months to raising funds to rebuild homes for people affected by the recent tragic earthquake in Nepal.
In the wake of the recent tragic events in Nepal; the team that were due to take part in the 'Aon Annapurnathon' ultra-marathon in May, have postponed their event to 15-19th
November. In the meantime they are focusing their attentions on fundraising for the people of Nepal.
Their target is to raise USD$ 100,000
for Child Welfare Scheme and The Gurkha Welfare Trust
"CWS has been selected due to their focus on working with the local communities to rebuild, support and provide opportunities, in the very region where the challenge will take place." - Aon Risk Solutions
The Aon Risk Solutions, Hong Kong team are hosting a challenge to get the Annapurnathon team (who are based in Hong Kong, China and Singapore) to run a minimum of 11,000km for Nepal between 1st August and 31st October. The culmination of the challenge will be on 30th October, when the Hong Kong team will run the 50km trail between Victoria Peak to Big Wave Bay, whilst the Singaporean based team members attempt a 120km relay run around Singapore Island.
Thank you very much to Aon for hosting the challenge and the 30 competitors who have committed to the race and to supporting CWS' emergency relief and recovery efforts in Nepal.
Where possible please use HK Cheques or HSBC transfer as they incur no bank costs.
If you are overseas then paypal/credit card incurs the least costs, second choice is bank transfers and finally overseas cheques.
- If you have a Hong Kong cheque account, please send cheques made out to ‘Child Welfare Scheme Limited’ to our address below.
- CWS, Unit 804, 8th floor, Causeway Bay Centre, 15-23 Sugar Street, Hong Kong
- If you are sending us a foreign cheque, please kindly note that HSBC bank will charge us HK$100 - HK$250.
- You may make a direct deposit in any major currency to our HSBC account number 400-279451-838 (Swift Code: HSBCHKHHHKH • Branch - Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong)
- We accept all major currencies. Please kindly note HSBC will charge CWS a minimum of HK$65 for each transaction made overseas.
PayPal, Credit Card or Debit Cards
- Please use PayPal by clicking here. Please note the PayPal account is in HK$. US$1 = HK$7.78.
- Paypal will charge 2.4% plus HK$2.35 for each transaction.
- Most countries will allow you to make a donation via PayPal without a PayPal account. However, if your country’s credit card policy requires that you must verify your account via PayPal, please be assured that it will only take a few minutes.